Monday 19 January 2015

Tanner Whitten teams up with Dirtfish for GRC Lites Campaign

Tanner Whitten has teamed up with Red Red Bull GRC venue DirtFish Rally School to launch DirtFish Motorsports who will compete in this years GRC Lites championship.


Whitten, a native of Congerville, Illinois, has previously competed in NASCAR's Whelen Modified and K&N Pro Series and had his first taste of a GRC Lites car during testing two years ago, becoming the first Amrican to test the car before setting the fastest time in the car's first public test.

The partnership came together after Whitten underwent a three-day course at the DirtFish rally school. From then onwards, he became an instructor at the Seattle venue and the school set the ball in motion for starting a team with the 22-year-old.

"When I went into DirtFish for a three-day class, I was no more than a student. They saw something, they wanted to pursue me to start a team," Whitten said to redbullglobalrallycross.com. "Steve (Rimmer, DirtFish owner) and Mac have really taken a risk on me, and I can’t let them down! It’s my job to go out there, do the best I can, and get them some wins. That’s what we’re aiming for."

Despite a background in NASCAR, and later circuit racing, Whitten's experience at DirtFish in addition to his time behind the wheel of the GRC Lites car will leave many expecting big things of him in his first season of Red Bull Global Rallycross competition.


"I think, having driven the car several times before, there’s going to be a little bit of pressure on me." he said, "I think people will kind of expect a little more from me. At the same time, I’m probably putting a little bit more pressure on myself, because I know what I can do. "

"I’ll just be happy if I get on the podium the first couple races. But at the end of the season, I want to be fighting for wins."

Tanner Whitten's maiden GRC Lites campaign for DirtFish Motorsports begins on May 31 in St. Petersburg, Florida.





Images: DirtFish Rally School, Tanner Whitten Racing (Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment