Sunday 6 March 2016

Dixon not interested in records just yet

Scott Dixon has said that he is more focused on his performance on track right now, rather than how he stacks up against the legends of American open wheel racing.

The New Zealander won three races last year to move him up to fifth on the all-time wins table.

However, despite being in one of motorsport’s most exclusive clubs, the 35-year-old hasn’t got his eye on the record books just yet.

“It’s certainly nice to be mentioned in the same breath as the top legends in our sport over the years. I’m more focused on the job at hand right now that I have to do for Chip and the team,” he said. “I guess there will be plenty of time to reflect when I stop racing and look back through the record books. I hope there are still many wins to come for myself and the team.”

Dixon's trio of victories in 2015 also extended his record amongst active drivers to 38 wins. Sebastien Bourdais is his closest rival with 34, the majority of which coming in Champ Car during the split.

You can read the full interview with Scott Dixon HERE



 Images: IndyCar Media

No comments:

Post a Comment